A delicious take on the traditional cordon bleu...
Simple and flavorful, SO much better than the over processed products you find in the freezer section!
You Will Need:
- 4 Chicken Breasts; flattened
- 3/4cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 6~8oz Swiss or other cheese ~ In 8 Slices
- 4 Slices of Cooked Bacon
- 1/2Tbsp crushed garlic
- 1Tbsp Italian Herbs / Herbs De Provence
- 4 Tsp Bacon Grease
- Egg Wash (egg, water or milk)
- 2tsp or 4 servings medicinal oil
* Preheat oven to 415 F. Don't worry about the temperature damaging your potency; the moist interior of the cordon bleu where your oil rests, never reaches much above 200F.
* Place each flattened chicken breast on a clean surface, smooth side down.
* If using oil without a capsules, gently toss and blend medicinal oil with 4tsp bread crumbs, set aside
* Place two well-dried half strips of cooked bacon on the wide end of one breast. Place a slice of cheese over the bacon. Place desired portion of medicinal bread crumbs, or a canna capsule and bread crumbs, centered on the cheese slice. Place second cheese slice on top so the sides of each slice meet, creating a pocket. Repeat. (We like to use a blend of mozzarella, parmesan and provolone cheeses).
* Blend garlic and dried herbs, paste with the back of a spoon along the remaining exposed chicken towards the narrow end; salt, pepper to taste. Starting at the wide end, pinch and roll the breasts closed towards the narrow end. Keep the edges tucked under, and the smooth surface up.
* Baste with egg wash, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and drizzle with bacon grease. Pin shut using toothpicks if desired (remove before serving)!
Bake 16 - 20 minutes until deep gold, and enjoy!